WHO WE ARE
The Statistical Research and Training Center (SRTC) is the research and training arm of the Philippine Statistical System (PSS) and one of major statistical agencies in PSS. SRTC was created by virtue of EO 121 of January 30, 1987 and currently attached to NEDA per EO 149 of December 28, 1993 for policy coordination purposes.
By virtue of Republic Act 10625, the SRTC was abolished and the Philippine Statistical Research and Training Institute (PSRTI) was created, where the law continuously recognizes the importance of research and training in strengthening the capability of statistical data production and compilation for the PSS. An important mandate of SRTC that was carried over by PSRTI is the development of a comprehensive and integrated research and training program on the theories, concepts and methodologies for the promotion of the PSS.
our quality policy
PSRTI commits to its mandated functions in the Philippine Statistical System which focuses on the upgrading of researches and training courses on statistical concepts, definitions, theories, and methodologies characterized by independence, objectivity, and integrity.
The PSRTI Quality Policy is anchored on the achievement and sustainability of high-quality research and training services rendered in a Professional, Service-Oriented, Responsive, Team-Based, and with Integrity. It is manifested in the following parameters:
- Strategic planning, monitoring, and evaluation of programs, projects and activities of the Institute;
- Provide Quality Research Outputs;
- Offering and Implementation of Quality Training Courses;
- Systematic knowledge management and administrative support to research and training services;
- Regular review of the Quality Management System to ensure effectiveness and to promote Continual Improvement;
- The Quality Policy is available to all interested parties; and
- Committed to comply with the mandate of the National Government.
The Philippine Statistical Research and Training Institute (PSRTI) is mandated to conduct high quality, objective and responsive statistical research and training for the improvement of the quality of statistical information generated by the country’s statistical system. In undertaking its research function, PSRTI collaborates with the academe, data producers, and data users. Its non-degree training programs are designed to upgrade the quality of the statistics human resource base in the country. Finally, PSRTI is the repository of all statistical researches and studies generated by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), and is tasked to back up files of data archives and other statistical databases of the Philippine Statistical System (PSS)
mission and vision
We envision PSRTI as a leading statistical research and training agency, taking a significant role in the development of a Philippine Statistical System that is characterized by independence, objectivity, and integrity. Therefore, it is our mission to upgrade the quality of statistics generated by the Philippine Statistical System through the conduct of high quality, timely, and responsive research and training.
- Quality Research and Training Outputs: Sound research methodology; effective training modalities;
- Democratic governance: collegiality, representation, accountability, transparency, and active participation of constituents;
- Accessibility and responsiveness to the stakeholders: no bureaucratic walls;and
- Empirical-based decision-making and problem solving.
- Develop a comprehensive and integrated research and training program on the theories, concepts and methodologies for the promotion of the statistical system;
- Undertake research on statistical concepts, definitions and methods;
- Promote collaborative research efforts among members of the academic community, data producers and users;
- Conduct non-degree training programs to upgrade the quality of statistical personnel and expand the statistics human resource base in support of the needs of the PSS;
- Provide scholarships, financial and other forms of assistance to build statistical manpower and enhance training and statistical research and development;
- Serve as repository of all statistical researches and studies to be generated by the PSA as well as back-up/duplicate files of data archives and other statistical databases of the PSS; and
- Invest its funds in such undertaking as it may deem wise or necessary to carry out its objectives with due consideration to existing guidelines on investing government funds.
PSRTI GOVerning board
CLAIRE DENNIS S. MAPA, Ph. D.
Philippine Statistics Authority
JOSEPH RYAN G. LANSANGAN, Ph. D.
School of Statistics, UP Diliman
LOURDES M. PORTUS, Ph. D.
Philippine Social Science Council
JOSEFINA C. VENEGAS-ALMEDA, Ph. D.
Executive Director III
Philippine Statistical Research and Training Institute
ROSEMARIE G. EDILLON, Ph. D.
National Economic and Development Authority
CHITO B. SALAZAR, JR., Ph. D.
President & CEO
JOSEFINA C. VENEGAS-ALMEDA, Ph.D.
Executive Director III
Telephone: (632) 8288 4948
MARIA PRAXEDES R. PEÑA
Chief, Training Division
Telephone: (632) 8929 7543/8288 4150
JESSA S. LOPEZ
Chief, Research Division
Telephone (632) 8426 0620
LOLITA M. OREO
Chief, Finance and Administrative Division
Telephone: (632) 8920 9649
GERALDINE H. DELA PEÑA
OIC, Knowledge Management Division
Telephone: (632) 8374 4587